The Q’s Response to COVID-19
The Q StudioLab is committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of our families and staff. We want you to know that we are monitoring the outbreak closely and staying up to date with the latest Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS), and the New York City Department of Health (NYCDOH) updates and protocols. The Q StudioLab is committed to serving families as long as it is safe to do so. We will continue to update our policies and safety guidelines as new research emerges.
In addition to following the guidelines for in person education set forth by the state, we have instituted specific policies for our programs to help keep our students as safe as possible. These include:
- All students are required to have their temperature taken prior to entering the building and a health check form completed each day.
- Masks are required for all students and staff entering the Q StudioLab and for all Q StudioLab classes and programming.
- All families are required to follow and sign our COVID-19 Policy Agreement.
- Paperless / contactless sign in and tuition pay has been implemented in all of our programs.
- Parent communication app implemented for contacting your child’s teachers or admin staff directly at any time throughout the day.
- The Preschool Program has moved to our sister location Amazing Magic Beans (contact page) for the 2020-2021 school year to make room for the remote learning lab classrooms. For more details, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Elementary Program has shifted to contained classrooms with teachers assigned to a grade as opposed to having our students move through the building to different classrooms or teachers this year to help minimize unnecessary contact with other students and staff in the building.
- We’re offering afternoon enrichment classes for families with reduced class sizes and offering the classes outdoors when possible.
- One to one and virtual tutoring program for students in Kindergarten – 8th Grade in Math, Reading, and Literacy.